Response Operations Manager
Solace Global Risk is recruiting for a Response Operations Manager for their headquarters in Poole, Dorset.
This is an entry level role into risk management based at our 24/7 operations centre. This vital frontline role sees applicants working as part of a team delivering risk management services to our clients across the globe.
Purpose of job:
- Frontline response to emergencies, protecting people, assets and reputations.
- Monitoring of global events, proactive and reactive alerting and notifications.
- Management and oversight of ongoing on and offshore operations.
Accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Intricate knowledge of Solace Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Incident /Emergency Procedures.
- Keep Solace customers and staff safe wherever they are in the world.
- Focus on allocated region for intelligence, country reports and special reports.
- Monitoring of security and other events globally.
- Monitoring of Solace staff and customers globally.
- Advising customers and staff 24/7 about events that impact them.
- Screening, prioritising, grading and publishing security alerts into the Solace Secure Platform.
- Conducting short-term analysis on specific events and writing advisories.
- Maintaining country reports within their designated Area of Responsibility.
- Providing security advice for customers intending to travel or already in locations around the world.
- Scoping, proposing, contracting, planning and managing journey management tasks around the world for corporate customers.
- Liaising with and building the Solace Global Provider Network.
- Responding to crisis events around the world to keep customers safe, including if required immediate lifesaving advice protocols through to managing their evacuation to a safe location.
- Liaison with clients regarding security requirements, management of their expectations and delivery of exemplary operational outcomes in accordance with Solace SOPs.
- Proactively develop and maintain a professional client relationship with clients, whilst ensuring all contractually agreed responsibilities are delivered within operational timeframes.
- Ensure operational records are completed correctly; to satisfy internal and external audits, these critically include export control regulations and restrictions.
- Ensure Company reputation, ethos and unrelenting pursuit of excellence is maintained to an impeccable standard by all contractors.
- Use judgement and experience to rectify/troubleshoot issues that may arise.
- Support to commercial team as required.
- Represent the Solace Operations Centre in meetings as required.
- Specified tasks as directed by Line Manager.
- Customers, MD Risk, MD Maritime, Operations Directors, Maritime Operations, Intelligence Analysts, Senior Response Manager, Commercial team, Accounts and Contractors
Required Skills and Experience:
- Essential: Excellent written and verbal communications• Essential: Ability to coordinate and prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Essential: A proactive person with the ability to perform calmly under pressure
- Essential: Excellent administration skills with a keen eye for detail
- Essential: Excellent computer skills, experience with MS Office applications
- Essential: Interest in and good knowledge of current affairs
- Essential: Ability to work with often little direct supervision
- Essential: Clear CRB check/right to work in the UK
- Desirable: Experience of responding to critical incidents
- Desirable: Second language
- Desirable: Intelligence analysis experience
- Desirable: Military or Police experience
- Desirable: Degree level education
Other important features or requirements of the job:
- Work a 12 hr shift of 2 days, 2 nights and 4 days off
- Annual Leave of 16 days x 12 hour shifts
- To deliver verbal briefings/presentations as required