Risk Operations Manager
Solace Global Risk Ltd. is recruiting a Risk Operations Manager for their headquarters in Poole, Dorset.
Purpose of job:
- Response to emergencies, protecting people, assets and reputations.
- Management and oversight of ongoing on and offshore operations.
- Oversight and management of Journey Management tasks.
- Oversight and management of Response Services.
- Upscale Intelligence & Reporting capacity.
- Intricate knowledge of Solace Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Incident /Emergency Procedures.
- Keep Solace customers and staff safe wherever they are in the world.
- Focus on delivery of Journey Management tasks and Response Services.
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of Response Managers in their roles.
- Responsible for the building and maintenance of our Global Partner Network.
- Responsible for the training of new and existing protocols to Response Managers.
- Responsible for the production of the Weekly Roundup and Alert Plus reports.
- Pre-Travel Advisory reviews and production depending on capacity.
- Delivery of Journey Management tasks.
- Delivery of Response Services.
- Support to Operations Director Risk for specific tasks as required.
- Training of SGR team on new and existing client protocols.
- Advising customers and staff 24/7 about events that may impact them.
- Work with Intelligence analysts to produce Pre-Travel Advisories.
- Work with intelligence analysts to deliver the weekly roundup.
- Maintain country reports as required
- Screening, prioritising, grading and publishing security alerts into the Solace Secure Platform.
- Providing security advice for customers intending to travel or already in locations around the world.
- Scoping, proposing, contracting, planning and managing journey management tasks around the world for corporate customers.
- Identify gaps in the Solace Global Provider Network.
- Liaising with and building the network, maintaining strong relationships and ensuring best quality delivery and growing on the ground intel and journey management sources.
- Conducting due diligence on new suppliers.
- Responding to crisis events around the world to keep customers safe, including if required immediate lifesaving advice protocols through to escalating to and supporting CMT.
- Liaison with clients regarding security requirements, management of their expectations and delivery of exemplary operational outcomes in accordance with Solace SOPs.
- Use judgement and experience to rectify/troubleshoot issues that may arise.
- Represent the Solace Operations Centre in client visits as required.
- Training of new Response Managers/Operations Managers and refresher training with RMs.
- Management of client check in monitoring services, ensuring check-ins and schedules/itineraries are in the handovers, calendar and are briefed to the duty RMs and Mar Ops.
- Support Tactical Analysts with more detailed reports and PTA’s when required.
- Delivery of webinars for training and onboarding as required.
- Response Managers, MD Risk, Operations Director Risk, Maritime Operations, Intelligence Analysts, Business Development support, Client Implementation and Success manager
- Clients and partners
Required Skills and Experience:
- Essential: Excellent written and verbal communications
- Essential: Excellent understanding of Journey Management delivery
- Essential: Excellent understanding of Response Services delivery
- Essential: Ability to coordinate and prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Essential: A proactive person with the ability to perform under pressure
- Essential: Excellent administration skills with a keen eye for detail
- Essential: Excellent computer skills, experience with MS Office applications
- Essential: Interest in and good knowledge of current affairs
- Essential: Excellent spoken and written English
- Essential: Ability to work autonomously
- Essential: Risk Management experience/knowledge
- Desirable: Experience of responding to critical incidents
- Desirable: Second language
- Desirable: Intelligence analysis experience
- Desirable: Knowledge of global politics and culture
- Desirable: Industry specific qualifications
Other important features or requirements of the job:
- Holiday/sick cover for Operations Director Risk, Response Managers, Intelligence Analysts
- Night and day shift cover if required
- Work a rota of 3 days on 3 days off in conjunction with another operations manager