Solace Global Risk is recruiting for a Product Manager to join their HQ in Poole, Dorset
Solace Global Risk are part of a global security company which specialises in risk management, maritime security and cyber security. We enable businesses to operate safely and compliantly with a human approach to risk management, by keeping our clients’ interests at the heart of everything we do, and never losing sight that people’s safety is our priority.
Solace have developed their own proprietary risk management tracking and intelligence app and web portal to assist in keeping our client personnel safe wherever they are in the world. We are looking for a Product Manager to join our team to help continue the drive on innovation and enhanced user experience in our technology platforms.
Purpose of job:
The role of the Product Manager at Solace Global Risk is to work as part of an agile software development team with a focus on customer service and technical support to meet the needs of the business. The Product Manager will be responsible for understanding development needs of clients and the business and creating mock up and plans for the development team to guide the development of the system to align with client expectations.
The successful candidate will work closely to support all aspects of technical solutions deployed at Solace Global Risk, working closely with Operations, Marketing, Response and Commercial stakeholders. They will also be responsible for finding ways to improve the existing system and user experience while ensuring the Development team stay on track with client deadlines for delivery of new features. Where possible, basic support ticket items should also be managed by the Product Manager to allow the development team to stay focussed on their development items and deadlines.
Accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Prioritise product features and capabilities.
- Create mock ups of new system requirements to help guide the development process.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure they understand the requirements.
- Map the development pipeline and help prioritise the list and update release notes.
- Find new ways to improve the system useability and user experience and suggest new features and functionality.
- Ensure that each product meets the needs of the target user or customer.
- Help manage the workflow of software development life cycle.
- Monitoring of existing systems environment.
- Support and facilitate the delivery of technical service requests.
- Provide excellent communication and professional service quality to all stakeholders.
- Have an awareness of and promote data privacy and information security.
- Testing system changes prior to sign off.
- To assist in the continual review and improvement of the chosen tools and techniques.
- Some experience of software development with C# is preferable so that you can be hands on.
- IT Service Desk management, with hands on technical ability for basic support items.
- Capable of being hands on at a technical level.
- Excellent communication skills and customer service.
- Experience in a highly technical support role.
- Familiarity with:
C# .NET Core 6
- Familiarity with or desire to learn and develop into a more software development focused role.
- Desire to learn Microsoft Azure (App Services, Azure Functions and Azure SQL).
- System Testing.
- Indesign experience or similar to help develop design mock ups for the development team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Desire to work in a small agile team with high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Head of Technical Delivery & Information Security
- Solutions Architect
- Company Directors
- Commercial Team
Other important features or requirements of the job:
(e.g., travel, unsocial/evening hours, restrictions on employment etc.)
- Prepared to work outside of normal office hours on an ‘on call’ support rota
Compensation and Benefits:
- Attractive annual salary
- Health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym membership contribution
- Company pension
To apply please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with PRODUCT MANAGER VACANCY in the subject line.